gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Steve Bourland
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:18:18 -0500

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:04:33 -0700
From: Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu>
To: gpsd-users@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
        2018 connection issues

Hello!

26ac:0012  is the flight controller. And yes, when I said I only plugged
the GPS with a USB to the Raspberry Pi and disconnected the GPS from the
flight controller.

Yo Leon!
If I am reading the above paragraph correctly, it sounds like you have two configurations:

A) Your desired configuration, the GPS's USB is connected to the flight controller.

B) The configuration you have sent gpsdebuginfo data for, the GPS's USB is plugged into the Raspberry Pi's USB.

If this is the case, I believe there is no way for gpsd to connect to the GPS in configuration A UNLESS the flight controller passes it's connected GPS's USB through on it's USB connection to the Pi (highly unlikely in my opinion). It is possible the flight controller may present GPS data on it's USB connection, but then you have to tell gpsd to connect to it, and it would have to output something gpsd recognized.
                                        Steve