gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:17:45 -0700

Yo Aranza!

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:04:33 -0700
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> 26ac:0012  is the flight controller. And yes, when I said I only
> plugged the GPS with a USB to the Raspberry Pi and disconnected the
> GPS from the flight controller.

You should file a bug report with them over the bad ID string.

> I've disconnected the gpsd and gpsd socket from system d again,

And then you restarted gpsd how?  Details matter.

> but
> I'm not sure there is much difference between the first gpsdebug I
> send and this one (this one has connected GPS via USB, disconnected
> from the flight controller).

We are not looking for a big obvious change problem.  And sending the
whole thing in is a lot easier than teaching you to debug.

> /usr/bin/lsof
> + lsof -iTCP:2947 -s TCP:LISTEN
> + lsof -c gpsd
> + sed -nE 1p;/CHR|LISTEN/p
> COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF  NODE NAME
> gpsdebugi 1053 root    0u   CHR  136,0      0t0     3 /dev/pts/0
> gpsdebugi 1053 root    1u   CHR  136,0      0t0     3 /dev/pts/0
> gpsdebugi 1053 root    2u   CHR  136,0      0t0     3 /dev/pts/0

gpsd is not running at all, so nothing to debug.

> + ps ax
> + sed -nE 1p;/gpsd/p
>   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>  1053 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh ./gpsdebuginfo
>  1066 pts/0    S+     0:00 sed -nE 1p;/gpsd/p

gpsd is not running at all, so nothing to debug.

We can't debug gpsd, unless you actually run gpsd.

Did you try to run gpsd?  If so, how did you try to run gpsd?

I suggest you, as root, start gpsd this way:

        gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM1

Wait 3 seconds, then see if that worked:

        cgps

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588