gpsd-users

Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:21:24 -0800

Yo Niall!

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:27:21 -0800
Niall Parker <stuff@npengineering.ca> wrote:

> On 2021-11-12 12:05 p.m., Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > [ .. ]
> > Odd.  It was working fine, then your GPS just stoppind sending
> > data for 5 secconds:

And it still looks like that.

> I've attached a couple more logs, tmp2 is without speed fixed while
> tmp3 has speed fixed to 115200, let me know if you see anything else.

Looks the same as before, except two stalls.  You have the time warp
patch, and you just stop getting data at time: 1637000750.000403372

Checking the iTOW, it looks like there was also a 26 second jump
in tmp2.log.  152737000 to 152763000.

 # fgrep NAV-EOE:  tmp2.log
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152732000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152733000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152734000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152735000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152736000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152737000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152763000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152764000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152765000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152766000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152767000
gpsd:PROG: NAV-EOE: iTOW=152768000

Lost lock, then back to autobaud.  And again at the end.

I do see this in the tmp3.log:

gpsd:PROG: gpsd_multipoll(5) DEVICE_UNCHANGED for 11

That is talking about fd=5, which is your tty.  That is not right, so
I'll dig at that.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588