Re: [Groff] picture names with -Thtml

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] picture names with -Thtml
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:59:13 +0100

Werner writes:

> What I would like to see is that images are named `foo-nnn.png' for
> document `foo' (nnn a running number).  Another nice thing would be to
> have an option so that grohtml put all images into a subdirectory.

I agree with all your points, two ways to implement this:

  (i)  groff can tell pre-grohtml the source filename via a command line
       switch and perhaps have another switch for the directory.
  (ii) as soelim is always run on the source 'pre-grohtml' can look for
       the first: '.lf 1 foo'
       and use that name

Which do you prefer? Thanks for the idea

Gaius