Re: [Groff] Bad table images with groff -t -man -Thtml xxx.1

From: Rick Richardson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bad table images with groff -t -man -Thtml xxx.1
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:19:49 -0600

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:37:42PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The manual page HTML ends up with two problems:
> >
> > 1) No vertical space between paragraphs
>
> This is still a bug, either in the macro support of HTML or in
> grohtml itself.  Gaius?
>
> > 2) The table image is completely wrong.  It looks like a
> >    clipping of what on the manual page from about 1" lower.
>
> This should work with the current snapshot.  Please get it from
>
>    ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz

Werner:

Whats this code in pre-html.cc supposed to be doing?

#ifdef PAGEA4
#  define DEFAULT_VERTICAL_OFFSET  0   // DEFAULT_VERTICAL_OFFSET/72 of an inch
#else
#  define DEFAULT_VERTICAL_OFFSET 50   // DEFAULT_VERTICAL_OFFSET/72 of an inch
#endif

If I change the DEFAULT_VERTICAL_OFFSET from 50 to 0, then the table
images will come out just fine.  This is the only place in the entire
source tree where the #ifdef "PAGEA4" is used.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  address@hidden      http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Twin Cities traffic animations are at http://tctraffic.0catch.com/

Genetic manipulation will lead to swimmers born with flipper feet.  Hows
the IOC gonna stop that?
LATE NEWS: they bred a monkey with a jellyfish, so my predictions aren't
so off the wall now, are they?