Re: [Groff] Something about mom & questions

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Something about mom & questions
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:17:28 -0400

Daniele --

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003, Daniele F. wrote:
> > >     $Revision: 1.12 $ 1 / 7
> > >                       ^
> > >                       I don't want it! :-)

I've modified the handling of drafts and revisions to accommodate
what you've described.  Any of the following will produce what you
want:

.DRAFT                           \"i.e. DRAFT with no argument
.DRAFT_STRING "$Revision: 1.12 $

or

.DRAFT "1.12 $
.DRAFT_STRING "$Revision:

or

.DRAFT                           \"i.e. DRAFT with no argument
.DRAFT_STRING                    \"i.e. DRAFT_STRING with no argument
.REVISION "1.12 $
.REVISION_STRING "$Revision:

All three should give identical results, viz. (assuming
DRAFT_WITH_PAGENUMBER)

    $Revision: 1.12 $ / 7

The last one is probably the most intuitive for what you want, but
then, intuitive is just whatever you're used to. :)

Note that .DRAFT and .REVISION now create strings where formerly
they created number registers.  The quotes before their arguments
are only necessary if the string contains spaces.

I've put a new mom tarball with the changes (mom-1.1.6-e.tar.gz) on
her homepage at

    http://www.ncf.ca/~df191/mom.html

I've also fired off patches to Werner, but if you're in a hurry to
test/debug, you might prefer getting the tarball.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)