Re: [Groff] RE: Small bug in groff 1.19.2 footnote number contro

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] RE: Small bug in groff 1.19.2 footnote number contro
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:46:27 +0100

Hi Ted,

> I would like to suggest that, before anything is done generally in
> groff, we should get to the bottom of where this ":p" is coming from.

I agree.  Google's Code Search finds some interesting stuff.  Not all
-mm, but still.

    http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=%22nr+%3Ap%22

In particular, it seems :C is used to indicate :p should be reset on a
`.H 1'.

Co-incidentally, Russ Cox, one of the Google guys behind Code Search,
may be familiar from Bell Labs.

Cheers,

Ralph.