Re: [Groff] Multiple Lines Equation

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Multiple Lines Equation
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 08:38:22 -0600

On 10/26/2013 08:17 AM, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

That sounds like a good comment to include in the code.

I remember reading somewhere that comments are unnecessary
because the code is "obvious":

   www.usm.uni-muenchen.de/~hoffmann/roff/tmp/rpdup.pdf

(formatted using groff, so it's not completely off-topic. :-)

That reminds me of advanced mathematics texts saying, "Proof is left
as an exercise for the student."

I used to say the best way to learn troff is to take a macro package
with few comments and convert it to fully commented without breaking
anything.

You learn a lot about some tricks.  But make sure you have a good
reference where you can find well-written explanations of requests,
escapes, etc.