Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 14:26:33 -0500

When I tried this with groff 1.22.4 I got a bad result, with the table
cells not flowed correctly and the table itself too wide and extending off
the right side of the PDF:
[image: image.png]

I think you were expecting something like this:
[image: image.png]
which is what I get when I change the last format line to leave out the
width specifications like this: "lti | lt | lp8 | l." and ran it with the
slightly munged (but with nothing in mom changed) and several months out of
date version of groff from git.  (it's out of date since it's been several
months since making groff finished successfully.  I'm on macOS, and I
*think* it's something in Xcode causing the problem.)

Perhaps something changed in mom between 1.22.4 and the git version of
groff?  You might be able to install a newer version of mom from the mom
download page <https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-05.html> and check if that
works with 1.22.4?

--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com, https://tkurtbond.github.io