Re: Margin formatting question for "mom"

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: Margin formatting question for "mom"
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 17:09:46 -0500

Steve --

Very sorry for the long delay.  First, computers woes.  Next, health
problems.  Grr...

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022, Steve Ross via wrote:
> Regarding formatting of margins using "mom"...
> Is there a way to change the top and bottom margins after the
> first page?  I see that the macros "L_MARGIN", "R_MARGIN",
> "T_MARGIN" and "B_MARGIN" are available to set margins before
> the "START" macro.  Correspondingly, the "DOC_LEFT_MARGIN" and
> "DOC_RIGHT_MARGIN" macros are available to (re)set the left
> and right margins before a subsequent "NEWPAGE".  I expected
> to find, but do not, corresponding macros of "DOC_TOP_MARGIN"
> and "DOC_BOTTOM_MARGIN".  Given that the last two macros do not
> exist, what can I do to adjust the top and bottom margins before
> executing "NEWPAGE"?

First, make sure to disable adjusted document leading:

  .PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
  .DOC_LEAD_ADJUST off

Assuming you have page headers and bottom-of-page pagination
enabled:

  .HEADER_MARGIN <new margin>
  .HEADER_GAP <new gap>
  .T_MARGIN \n[#HEADER_MARGIN]u+\n[#HEADER_GAP]u
  .wh 0 HEADER
  .NEWPAGE
  .FOOTER_MARGIN <new margin>
  .FOOTER_GAP <new gap>
  .B_MARGIN \n[#FOOTER_MARGIN]u+\n[#FOOTER_GAP]u
  .wh -\n[#B_MARGIN]u FOOTER

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca