Using arbitrary fonts

From: Blake McBride
Subject: Using arbitrary fonts
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:28:50 -0600

Greetings,

I have been using the default groff fonts for many happy years.  However, I
need to produce a document with a machine-generated signature.  There are
plenty of adequate signature fonts out there. However, I do not know how to
make groff use them.

I downloaded a font.  It came with files with the .otf, .ttf, .woff, and
.woff2 extensions.  What are the exact steps I need to use to use them in a
groff/mm document?  (I only want one line to use the special font.  The
rest of the document can use the regular groff fonts.)

Thanks for the help!!

Blake McBride