grub-devel

Re: [OT] made a blog post about grub 1.96+20080724

From: shirish
Subject: Re: [OT] made a blog post about grub 1.96+20080724
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:22:13 +0530

Hi all,
 While I don't think I have the skills to make good documentation but
that's not just the issue of that post. What is also felt is the
necessity of making a good GUI-based tool (say for changing timeouts
or for changing the wallpaper and stuff like that). There may be a
case for having a tool which could do atleast some of the things which
today needs to be dirtied by hand (configuring the parameters in
/etc/default/grub or elsewhere)

What I would probably be able to help is test (if somebody makes such
a tool or does some documentation)

My whole idea of making the blog post was simply this :-

While its appreciable the efforts being undertaken and the work being
done its not easy for general/generic users who may not want to use a
text-editor to edit a file or two and may perhaps prefer a GUI to do
specific tasks.

Apart from understanding the syntax, one has to also remember which
setting needs to go where . Either/or in /etc/default grub or any of
the /etc/grub.d/ folders which indirectly/directly affect behavior of
GRUB.

I hope simply that people find something worthy in all this.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal