grub-devel

Re: Overlaying default grub.cfg makes qemu "fat:" partition inaccessible

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Overlaying default grub.cfg makes qemu "fat:" partition inaccessible
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:01:09 -0400

Quoting James Collier <address@hidden>:

In the case of option 1, grub2 boots straight to the menu as expected.
Typeing 'c' to get to the prompt then 'ls' at the prompt reveals only
the (memdisk) device.
It was expected that at least (hd0,1) for the -hda fat: partition would
be available

Even without the -hda option, you should get (fd0). I can reproduce the problem with the current GRUB.

My impression is that loading grub.cfg stops the initial automatic loading of the modules for the existing hardware. You still can load such modules manually:

insmod biosdisk
insmod pc

After that, ls will show (fd0) and other devices.

It looks like a bug to me.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin