grub-devel

Re: Fw: gettext support

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Fw: gettext support
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:17:32 +0200

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 04:32:35PM +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> >  - lose, and get the C locale messages
> >  - try to set it up using the correct grub device that contains the
> > locales.
>
> What if partition is in btrfs?

Well, now I think using $prefix/locale is not that bad.

But in general, I'd like to make the point that it is OK to lose sometimes.
Jordi proposed giving up here, and it's not bad IMO.  I think it's good to
always keep in consideration the option of giving up and refuse to provide a
feature or refuse to install on a f*cked up setup.

Sometimes the cost of supporting something is just too high.

> Why can't grub-install just copy them to $prefix/locale like it's done with
> e.g. modules? Not only it makes it consistent with the rest but also makes
> grub OS-independent if needed.

Okay with me.

--
Robert Millan