grub-devel

Re: USB device not seen by grub

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: USB device not seen by grub
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:24:50 -0500

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 05:52:37PM EST, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:

[..]

> > Barring typos or omissions, the trace reveals that the perceived
> > 'hang' after issuing 'insmod uhci' is in fact grub looping over the
> > following code:

> > /build/buildd/grub2-1.97~beta4/kern/disk.c:389 Reading hd0,11

> This is just module loading. I guess your terminal is slow which causes
> an enormous slowback when loading module.

I let it run for the time it takes to make a coffee pot, which I would
say is about five minutes. And it was not like it took any perceptible
length of time ot display one message, could just about see them
scrolling.

OTOH, when editing I did notice that the terminal is indeed very slow. I
don't know what's causing this. I have gfxmode=1024x768, seems to slow
things down a bit.

> You can using

> debug=usb,uhci,ohci
> instead of