Re: Thread support plan with initial patch

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Thread support plan with initial patch
Date: 04 Apr 2001 03:44:49 +0200

NIIBE Yutaka <address@hidden> writes:

> NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
>  > And the initial patch which does (1-1) in the text above.
>  >
>  >
>  > 2001-04-02  NIIBE Yutaka  <address@hidden>
> [...]
>
> BTW, could someone please look this?

I had a quick look.

Apart from the changes to __scm.h, it looks OK---it's mostly bug
fixes.

However, I'd discourage moving around the old thread switching code
until we have straightened out the details of the new thread support
and signal handling.

It actually looks like you're moving the thread switching code to a
place where scm_ints_disabled can have a different value than now.
I don't have time to verify this, but if that is true, it could cause
strange things to happen to the current COOP threads...

(This applies to the __scm.h patch.)

Please have a look at the thread "plug in" interface in Dirk's code.

Best regards,
/mdj