Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:09:03 -0800

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> What does SLIB itself say how it wants to be used with Guile?

I believe SLIB's preference is for Guile users to load guile.init.

> [...]
>
> But I'd say that now it is important to get current versions of Guile
> working with current versions of SLIB.  Everything else is optional.

I think your assesment pretty much matches mine.

My current intention is to sit down when I have time and see if I can
figure out what changes, if any, we would have to make to the current
guile.init in order to be able to rely on it, rather than the code in
slib.scm.

Greg Troxel's suggestion may also be worth considering -- that we
might also provide an easy way to request execution of the older
slib.scm code.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu