Re: rfc: (ice-9 accumulate)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: rfc: (ice-9 accumulate)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:21:15 +0100

Hello,

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    There's lots of stuff in ice-9 that noone knows about, but I don't
>    think there's something like this. Hopefully we can document more of
>    it using the new (texinfo reflection) infrastructure.

> for missing (ice-9 foo) documentation.  I hereby revise that offer to
> submit patches using this infrastructure, once i get around to playing
> with it.  I imagine it can't be much different from Guile 1.4.x's.

I’d prefer if it were used only for non-ice-9 modules.  I really
sympathize with what the GCS says (info "(standards) Doc Strings and
Manuals"):

  Some programming systems, such as Emacs, provide a documentation
  string for each function, command or variable.  You may be tempted to
  write a reference manual by compiling the documentation strings and
  writing a little additional text to go around them--but you must not
  do it.  That approach is a fundamental mistake.  The text of
  well-written documentation strings will be entirely wrong for a
  manual.

Thanks,
Ludo’.