Re: Guile OpenGL

From: Javier Sancho
Subject: Re: Guile OpenGL
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:23:15 +0200

David Pirotte wrote:
> But it uses cogl, which we still lack from guile. It would be nice if you
> take a
> quick look at it and if it suites your needs, rather helping with the cogl
> wrapper.

I didn't know cogl. I've to play with this a little, integration
between OpenGL and OpenGL ES is very tempting.

> I am not the developer of guile-gnome, and never wrapped any lib yet, I am a
> guile-gnome guile-clutter user ... but i think you probably want, even if you
> wrap opengl, to take a look at the doc on how to write a wrapper: you'll find
> them
> if you git clone guile-gnome [and guile-clutter for your coding curiosity
> maybe], or
> browse the git repo ...

I'll do it.

> I think there is an SDL recently updated but not sure.

SDL team is working on a new version (2.0), but 1.2 is still the stable current.

> try to see if cogl could do the work before, and if not, good luck: wrapping
> opengl
> is a huge work!

Well, basically I only need time... so step by step.

Thank you so much, David.

--
Javier Sancho Fernández - http://www.jsancho.org/
Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation - http://www.fsf.org/