A comprehensible introduction to Ian Grant's ideas

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: A comprehensible introduction to Ian Grant's ideas
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 01:37:22 -0400

Ian, you are a _terrible_ communicator.  IMO, your biggest problems are:

1. You present your ideas in a far too abstract way, making it hard for
   those of us who haven't already been long acquainted with your ideas
   to begin to understand them.
2. You write far too much, making it hard for us to find the few
   writings of yours that might be able to get through our thick skulls.
3. You insult us, making us predisposed to want to dismiss you.

However, I found a blog post of yours that I believe is a relatively
good introduction to your ideas.  I suspect this is because it is a
response to Paul Koning, who had the effect of keeping your thoughts
organized, and less abstracted.

* * *

For those who would like to try to understand Ian's ideas, I would
recommend first reading this excellent interview with Edsger Dijkstra,
which Ian cites in his post:

  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/misc/vanVlissingenInterview.html

and then read Ian's response to Paul Koning:

  http://livelogic.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-free-fair-and-forged.html

     Best,
      Mark