Re: New arch branch: mainline

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: New arch branch: mainline
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:39:17 -0600

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

>> I agree that bug-fixes releases for 1.3.X are a good idea, and I may
>> focus on your changes there first.  If I recall right, we also still
>> need to figure out the guile version soname issues, but I need to look
>> back at our last exchange.  In any case, I still don't have a good
>> grasp on arch so that I can interact with your repository, but that's
>> first on my list for tomorrow.

OK, I've finished (re)reading the arch docs, and I think I finally
have much of it clear in my head.  I'll start playing around with your
g-wrap archive this weekend sometime.  Is there any info I should be
aware of, other than what you've posted recently?

> 1) libffi support (mostly done, needs a bit of tweaking wrt thread-safeness)
> 2) CSE support
> 3) rewrite to g-wrap internally to use GOOPS
>
> For 1.3, we maybe what would be 1.3.5 should release as 1.4.0, so we
> consistently use the linux versioning scheme starting with 1.4.0.

OK.  I'll have a followup to your questions about the CSE stuff soon.
I get the vague impression I might have made it sound like I'm more
certain than I actually am that it's the "right thing", but we can
hash that out as we go.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu