Re: how to use [gtk-object-]destroy ?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: how to use [gtk-object-]destroy ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:42:03 +0200

Andreas Rottmann writes:

> I meant (generic-function-methods destroy). Sorry.

Thanks!

> It's because of an (ignore-glob "gtk_object_*") in gtk-overrides.defs,

Ah, indeed.

> which should be probably removed; the only other function it ignores
> is gtk_object_sink; do we ever need that?

I wondered when taking on the canvas defs, why are functions being
defined only to be ignored?  I can imagine you'd want to have the
defines for completeness or so, but you could leave a comment.  I can
also imagine that you want to ignore things because they do not (yet)
compile.

As for sink, my knowlegde of gnome/gtk+ is just about as young as my
acquaintance with guile-gnome...  Having more functions is better?
Apropos, I noticed that quite a number of (2.2) gdk functions are not
available, is there any reason not to add some of those when I find
them?

Jan.