Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform

From: steve tell
Subject: Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:14:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Andy Wingo wrote:

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 15:05 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
Thanks.  Is there or will there be a new release?  I know it's
customary in the guile community to have everyone run from revision
control, but in terms of users and packaging systems, I think many
have to stick to releases.

I'm a bad person? I'll try to roll a release this sunday, if folks can
reply in this thread with all patches that need to be merged in.

I just beat guile-gnome-platform-2.7.99 into building on FC5 with gcc-4.1.1, libgnome-2.14.1-1.fc5.1, and guile-1.6.7.

I found signedness warnings (which stop compilation due to -Werror)
in several places, and also a warn_unused_result attribute on write(2).

Attached is a short patch of what I inflicted on guile-gnome-platform-2.7.99 to make it compile for me. It maybe worth a peek just in case these aren't all covered by the other patches.

Steve