Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: sign error in guile-gnome-platform
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:23:52 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure. I think the biggest problem that we have is our use of arch; it's
> terribly confusing, and everyone else has moved on to something else.
> I'd like to move to something else. Let me start a new thread for
> that...

I'll second that.  Arch, and in particular the build-config thing
which (I think) pulls together a big distribution from several little
ones, has been and continues to be a big barrier for me in
understanding and contributing to guile-gnome.

I suspect there's nothing much wrong with Arch per se, but its
documentation sucks.  As incidentally does the information on the
guile-gnome website on where to pull the repository from:

"guile-gnome uses GNU Arch as a revision-control system. The canonical
archive is main-archive, and is hosted at main-archive-url."

Regards,
        Neil