Re: entries and guile-gui

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: entries and guile-gui
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:12:12 +1100

Paul Emsley <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes handling compat.h seems to be tricky.  I just commented the
> include :)

Yep, it's only for 1.6.

> GTk2 + guile-gtk-2.0 seems to almost completely work for me now (woop!).
> There are some entries (not all) where the text cannot be changed (and
> the text is selected when the widget is shown).  Exactly the same code
> in gtk1.2 + guile-gtk-0.5 does not have this behaviour.  Any idea about
> that?

Nope, don't know what you mean there.  I've used GtkEntry ok, but if
you mean GtkText I haven't used that.  (There's new bindings for some
of the new textbuf/textview, I've been using that, though just for
viewing not for editing.)

> Also I can't get guile-gui to work with guile-gtk-2.0, with what might
> be the same symptoms.  Has anyone tried this?

Perhaps not.  That's Neil's stuff, maybe he can say.  Sticking in some
prints I see events going off, but nothing ending up displayed.