Re: GCC 4.6 warnings, and dependency on nonexisting wrapset: standard

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GCC 4.6 warnings, and dependency on nonexisting wrapset: standard
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:46:34 +0100

Hi,

On Thu 08 Dec 2011 02:03, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>> I think `master' should be a bit more normal now.
>
> Looks great!  I just built guile-gnome successfully, and the calc
> example runs perfectly :)

Cool :)  I pushed your patch too, thanks.  There are many things to do
to make it work better with Guile 2.0, like fixing some of the defmacros
that have a tendency to unquote actual procedure values into their
output forms.  Yuk! :)

As far as roadmap goes, I would like to clean things up and get a 2.16.2
release out, with no new features, but simply a new stable release that
works with Guile 2.0.x and 1.8.x.  Then we should look to the future, I
think.  Probably we drop Guile 1.8 support at the same time as we switch
to GTK+ 3, no?  We bump the major guile-gnome version to 3, and try to
integrate gobject-introspection somehow, possibly moving away from
g-wrap.

Dunno how it will work, but your hackpower is most welcome of course :-)
Feel free to push anything sensible that is strictly
backwards-compatible to the `master' branch.  Feel free also to ask for
review.  I'll also have time for hacking on this, certainly more than in
the past, though it will be sporadic due to the holidays and other
commitments.

Happy hacking!

Andy
--