guile-sources

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:50:08 -0500

To view this newsletter in full-color, click here:
http://www.imakenews.com/fita/index000012428.cfm?x=64025,64230

REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
February 18, 2002
VOLUME 2 Issue 4

IN THIS ISSUE
1. WELCOME
2. WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
3. OUR FEATURED REGIONAL SITE -- BISNIS
4. EDMUNDS.COM
5. MAKE TRANSLATION  WORK FOR YOU
6. METAGRID

WELCOME

 Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. This free bi-weekly
newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources
database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at
http://www.fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news,
events, and a link library of 4,000+ sites related to international
trade.

 If you wish to unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page to
the Subscriptions section or simply click here [
http://www.imakenews.com/fita/index.cfm#subscribe ], enter your
email address and click on "remove."

 Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

 My name is John McDonnell, and for some years I've been writing
about useful Web sites for businesspeople, in various
publications. For the past year I've focused on international
trade, using my Web research skills to find sites that are
useful for international businesspeople, and some sites that are
just plain fun for anyone.

WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM

For anyone involved in international business, the World Economic
Forum site at http://www.weforum.org  is a gold mine of
information. The WEF is an organization of international
companies that calls itself "a platform for discussion, debate,
and action on the key issues of the global agenda". At this site
you'll find news, information, and reports about global business.
Two parts that looked particularly good were the Knowledge
Navigator at
http://www.weforum.org/site/KnowledgeNavigator.nsf/Content/KB+Home+Page,
which has reports on aspects of international business, and
Worldlink at http://www.worldlink.co.uk, the Forum's online
magazine.

OUR FEATURED REGIONAL SITE -- BISNIS

A host of new countries have arisen since the breakup of the
Soviet Union, each with its own opportunities and challenges for
international trade. You'll find a useful gateway to these
countries at BISNIS at http://www.bisnis.doc.gov, a U.S. Department
of Commerce site. There's loads of information here on countries like
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Tajikistan and Ukraine, to name just a
few of what are called the Newly Independent States. There are detailed
country reports, news stories, industry reports, trade leads, an events
calendar, information on export financing, and more here.

There are lots more links to these countries at the FITA site. Go to
FITA's International Trade Web Resources at http://www.fita.org/webindex,
click on Regional Resources and Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left
column or "Search by Country or Region" in the right column, and then
scroll down to Europe and click on "Former Soviet Union". Note that some
of the newly independent states are listed under the search box for Asia.
Also, you can simply type the name of the country in the search box
at http://www.fita.org.

Are your prospects part of the international trade community? If
so, here's an opportunity to showcase your service or product to
50,000 subscribers of Really Useful Sites for the International
Trade Professional. FITA now offers limited sponsorship
opportunities to selected organizations. For information, please
contact Barney Lehrer, Director of eCommerce Development at
address@hidden or 1-800-969-FITA extension 4.

EDMUNDS.COM

 I don't know much about cars, other than that they cost a lot of
money and they break down when you least expect them to. The next
time I have a car question, however, I'm going to head for
Edmunds.com at http://www.edmunds.com. This site has information on new
and used cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Edmunds has prices,
reviews, safety information, road test results, a way to buy
aftermarket parts & accessories, message boards and chat rooms
where you can talk to other car owners, and much more. The "True
Market Value (TMV) New Vehicle Pricing Calculator" and the "TMV
Used Vehicle Appraiser" are both extremely useful for accurately
calculating the best selling price for a new vehicle or determining
the actual trade-in or selling price of a used car or truck. Residents
of the UK can access an Edmunds.com UK site, at http://www.edmunds.co.uk.

MAKE TRANSLATION  WORK FOR YOU

Do you need web site and document translation services focused
on the Latin American and U.S. Hispanic markets? If so, FITA and
iSpeak have the perfect solution for you! Trust your translation
to us and you will receive the highest quality product, along
with special FITA prices, discounts and referral fees. What else
do you receive? iSpeak offers the largest resources for
English-Spanish-Portuguese translation and localization projects
with over 1200+ linguists mastering 25 Spanish and Portuguese
dialects in 20+ categories, a customized project management team
and...a 100% quality satisfaction guarantee. There is no risk to
you so why wait? Click on http://www.fita.org/marketplace/ispeak.html
to register your translation project now.

METAGRID

Need to find the major English and German language logistics publications?
Want to find an article from Australian NetGuide? Require the latest
updates from Fitness Online? If you're looking for a particular English or
German language newspaper or magazine on the Web, MetaGrid at
http://www.metagrid.com will help you find it. MetaGrid has a simple
interface -- you just type in a keyword  for the subject you're
interested in, and MetaGrid will give you links to the publications
that fit your criteria.

 For archived issues of Really Useful Sites for the International
Trade Professional, click here
[ http://www.imakenews.com/eletra/mod_archive_view.cfm?u=fita ].

 For a free list of links to useful sites in a wide variety of
categories (both business and personal), visit my Web site at
www.reallyusefulsites.org.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
(mailto:address@hidden)
Copyright 2002 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

Are there topics you'd like to see covered in FITA'S Really
Useful Sites? Send suggestions, ideas, or comments to editor John
McDonnell at address@hidden

This newsletter is distributed by the Federation of
International Trade Associations (FITA) for the benefit of the
worldwide international trade community. If you have a question
regarding this service, please contact FITA by email at address@hidden