Re: use-modules: selecting, which symbols not to load

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: use-modules: selecting, which symbols not to load
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 10:56:17 +0000

Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden> writes:

> What I've been lacking is specifying symbols that are NOT meant
> to be imported from a module.
> So I'd wish to be able to load modules in the following manner:
>
> (use-modules ((rnrs) #:version (6) #:without (write display)))

While I see this is resolved now[0], but one option you could have
considered was using the R6RS import form directly, which has an except
clause. i.e.

(import (except (rnrs) write display))

The import form is exported as part of the syntax case module, and so
usable in any guile program.

It may, however, be confusing to some people if you mix-and-match module
forms.

0. I've been away from the mailing list, and so am only catching up today.
--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"