Re: #define SOMETHING some_value

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: #define SOMETHING some_value
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 22:32:16 +0200

> Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yea.  I may have steered you wrong before. (I didn’t look back.)  The
> >> argument signature might need to be (list ‘* unsigned-short ‘*) rather
> than
> >> your current one with unsigned-int.
>
> I agree with Matt that you should use 'unsigned-short' here, since
> that's the type specified in the C function prototype.  Although it is
> true that most platform ABIs will treat them equivalently for purposes
> of argument passing, the C standards provide no guarantee of that as far
> as I can tell.

yes, I corrected that to an unsigned-short

> > I tried with no result :-/
>
> What does "no result" mean here?  For now, I will assume it means that
> you get the same error as before:

yes, I meant I was gettiing te same error as before

>   ERROR: Throw to key `get-info-error' with args `(error-code -3)'.
>
> The -3 corresponds to:
>
>   #define FREEXL_INVALID_HANDLE -3   /* Invalid xls_handle argument. */

Right, I found that out a few minutes ago

> So I would consider it likely that the problem is with the first
> argument (the handle), not the second one (the unsigned short).

Spot on !

I was assuming that the error returned was FREEXL_INVALID_INFO_ARG

I was wrong, of course.

I realized this just a ffew minutes ago !

Sorry for the noiise :-/

Thanks Mark !