Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 08:36:05 +0200

Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:

> One can write whole scientific books in org-mode

Or roleplaying books, which actually have higher requirements :-)
(I did both)

>>> * Do you think license information should be written next to each item in
>>> the list?
>> First at foremost, the list _itself_ has to be licensed as a free
>> documentation.  FWIW, most of ‘awesome lists’ are under CC0.
>
> While the list is not CC0, I meant to put it under "GNU Free
> Documentation License v1.3", which I think should be appropriate (Is it
> not?) and free as in freedom. Good that you hint at the license, because
> I thought it had a license already.

GFDL isn’t considered as free by the debian standards, because it can
have invariant sections. CC by-sa might be a good fit, since it is
compatible with GPLv3 and wikipedia at the same time.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein