guix-devel

Re: Gtk+ 3

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Gtk+ 3
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 00:14:47 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 02:12:13PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Cool!  What kind of files are these?  For /etc/{services,protocols,rpc},
>> you could use net-base.
>
> The error messages are as follows:
> D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read
> machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or
> directory. See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

Blech, what’s this file?  I don’t feel the need for another unique
identifier for my machine.  ;-)

Anyway, we probably can’t do much other than skipping these tests.

>> Sounds like a plan.  What about making the switch in a branch, and
>> adding a jobset on Hydra for that branch?  That way, if there’s too much
>> breakage, that allows things to be fixed calmly.
>
> That would have made sense, but so far, we have only seven packages using
> gtk+ (two if which, racket and xnee, turn out to also work with gtk+-3),
> so I tested them by hand and just pushed the patch.

OK, makes sense (somehow I thought we had plenty of GUI packages ;-)).

So that means GTK+ 3 actually works, right?  That’s cool!

Ludo’.