guix-devel

Re: Gtk+ 3

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Gtk+ 3
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:39:36 +0200

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 12:14:47AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> So that means GTK+ 3 actually works, right?  That’s cool!

This is a good question, since none of the packages I am interested in
uses gtk+ so far. But I am working on packaging one ;-)

I tried to use the slideshow binary from the racket package; it fails with
ffi-lib: couldn't open "libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0" (libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory)
  context...:
So it also requires gtk+-2; apparently an error in the configure script.
I will also revert this back.

xnee has only one binary, cnee, which fails for me with
Error number:   6
  Error:        Wrong paramters
  Argument:     (NO ARG)
At least, it does not look gtk+-related. On the other hand, "ldd cnee"
does not show anything gtk+-related either, nor does "guix gc --references";
so maybe the input gtk+ is not actually used at all?

So we should call for people to package gtk+-3 applications!

Andreas