[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: emacs packages
Re: emacs packages
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:13:51 +0200
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.5 (gnu/linux)
Federico Beffa <address@hidden> skribis:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> To make those packages automatically available in Emacs without the
>>> need for any code in the user '.emacs' file, I would suggest to
>>> include in our Emacs package site initialization file some custom code
>>> (to activate our ELPA emacs packages) such as the one in the attached
>>> 'guix-elpa.el' file.
>> guix.el already takes care of that (info "(guix) Emacs Initial Setup"),
>> so that should be enough.
> Unfortunately this doesn't work without modification. The reason is
> that I follow the emacs package.el strategy to install each ELPA
> package in it's own sub-directory. Specifically, I'm installing each
> package into ".../site-lisp/guix.d/PACKAGE-NAME-VERSION/". The code
> in 'guix.el', however, doesn't look in sub-directories below the
> profile's '.../site-lisp'.
What does it bring us to follow package.el’s strategy?
My impression is that we could simply follow what guix.el already does,
and thus avoid that guix.d/PACKAGE-VERSION sub-directory. Of course we
can adjust guix.el as we see fit, but package.el is a completely
separate beast anyway. Am I missing something?
Re: emacs packages, Mark H Weaver, 2015/06/16
- emacs packages, Federico Beffa, 2015/06/15
- Re: emacs packages, Mathieu Lirzin, 2015/06/15
- Re: emacs packages, Ludovic Courtès, 2015/06/16
- Re: emacs packages,
Ludovic Courtès <=
- Re: emacs packages, Federico Beffa, 2015/06/19
- Re: emacs packages, Ludovic Courtès, 2015/06/21
- Re: emacs packages, Federico Beffa, 2015/06/22
- Re: emacs packages, Ludovic Courtès, 2015/06/22
- Re: emacs packages, Federico Beffa, 2015/06/23
- Re: emacs packages, Ludovic Courtès, 2015/06/23