guix-devel

Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:35:13 +0000

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 11:19:57AM +0300, Alex Kost wrote:
> I'm sorry for not answering, I thought I was clear at the time.  I
> always feel uncomfortable to send patches or to push commits to the Guix
> repo.  I can't explain it properly, it's just painful all the time; but
> more importantly, it slowed down the development, as I often decided not
> to do small changes.  Contrary, I made more commits to the Emacs-Guix
> source tree in the past month, than to the Guix repo during the whole
> year.

Alex, I completely understand. The demands on patches are high and I
have stopped submitting myself even though I work on Guix all the
time. Best is to have your own tree. Tying versions to Guix is trivial
- that is the point of Guix, rather ;).

Making emacs-guix a Guix package is a fine alternative. If someone
finds it that important to host on main he/she can still do that, but
I have trouble seeing the need.

Pj.