guix-devel

Re: [GSoC] Development of Cuirass.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Development of Cuirass.
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:40:23 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Lirzin <address@hidden> skribis:

> A majority of people in this community seems to adhere to political
> ideas related to feminism and LGBT causes and are very vocal about it.
> While I respect people having such conviction, the fact that those
> ideas/values are repeatedly presented as if every one should adhere to
> them is not welcoming for those who disagree.

You’ve said it before and that’s a misunderstanding.  Ricardo and I, as
maintainers, are trying to acknowledge an issue that is very real in
free software and tech groups, and we’re doing the little we can do to
avoid these problems in our group.  There is nothing you or I lose.

> As a consequence I would rather spend my time working on Free Software
> projects that I consider more tolerant.

Very harsh to say the least.  :-(

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Ludo’.