guix-devel

You say nix, I say guix: Nix 2.0 and Guix

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: You say nix, I say guix: Nix 2.0 and Guix
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 13:17:53 -0700

Hi,

On February 22nd, Nix 2.0 was released:

https://nixos.org/nix/manual/#ssec-relnotes-2.0

It contains a lot of interesting new features.  Are there any plans to
merge some of the nix-daemon changes into our guix-daemon?  Is
compatibility with the nix-daemon a goal of the Guix project?  Can we
take inspiration from any of the non-daemon features and use them in
Guix?  Conversely, is there anything we can upstream to Nix that they
might find useful?

--
Chris