guix-devel

Re: Packaging a free Firefox

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Packaging a free Firefox
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 20:20:00 -0400

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:
> If you want to make the world a better place, you may decide to live
> vegan. And if you expect everybody to become vegan, you will reach less
> than if you try to convince people to start with eating less or no meat.

This is not a good analogy to this situation, because we're not asking
you to give up nonfree software.  Instead, you are demanding that we
include nonfree software in Guix.

If you want to make an analogy to veganism here, here's a better one:

What you're doing is analogous to walking into a vegan restaurant and
demanding that they add meat to their menu, based on the argument that
by excluding meat from their menu, they are infringing on your right to
eat what you want.

      Mark