guix-devel

Re: New release soon?

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: New release soon?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 18:57:07 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Considering the change to guile-gcrypt and the bugs we have found and
>> fixed since 0.15 I think we should release 0.16.0 soon.
>>
>> Or perhaps a maintenance 0.15.1 if the features added do not hold up
>> to a minor release.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> The next release will hopefully be 1.0.0.  We wanted to get this
> released sometime before FOSDEM 2019.

I think it could be useful to do a 0.16 release in the interim, since
it's difficult to build 0.15 from source currently (because of the
broken Python test in 'master' which OOMs (on) many kernels).

The many "guix pull" and UI improvements would also be nice to have "out
of the box" on new installs.