[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: New release soon?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: New release soon?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:15:11 +0100
User-agent: mu4e 1.0; emacs 26.1


>> I think it could be useful to do a 0.16 release in the interim, since
>> it's difficult to build 0.15 from source currently (because of the
>> broken Python test in 'master' which OOMs (on) many kernels).
>> The many "guix pull" and UI improvements would also be nice to have "out
>> of the box" on new installs.
> I agreed.  I’m all for a 0.16 release within a couple of weeks.
> Initially I thought we may want to wait for core-updates to be merged,
> but it looks like we have troubles focusing on that ;-), so I don’t
> know.  Thoughts?

I would prefer to have core-updates in the next release.  This has been
delayed for much too long.  This would also avoid the bad look for a new
release to have somewhat outdated core packages.

If we can’t get core-updates ready within the next few weeks I won’t
object to a release without it, but I think we should really try.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]