guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 13:52:00 -0500

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>
> Now the only remaining question is: what files on my system cause this
> failure to start GNOME?  I’ll be playing with this some more and hope to
> identify the files that are responsible, so that we can either work
> around this or document it.

Currently, GDM is configured to log all debug messages.  It creates a
“/var/log/gdm” folder, but ignore that!  All the juicy bits end up in
“/var/log/debug”.  It is usually pretty clear about what’s going on.  If
not, feel free to send along any relevant messages and I’ll weigh in as
best I can.

-- Tim