guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 15:05:16 +0100

Hi Laura,

The recording session went very well yesterday.  We were able to make
all the recordings in a studio without having to worry about background
noise.

I had help from a sound engineer who is familiar with the microphone
set-up and the recording process.

> Great!  :)  Let me know when you have time to push them  - no rush,
> just to test  :) -

I have pushed the first set of audio files, for the 01-installation-
from-script video.  I have been able to re-build the video to check
that it works.  It does!

For the cli sessions we used the timings in your recordings as a guide
to synchronize my voice with the screen.  I notice that there are
'sleep' commands in the session files so it might be possible to fine-
tune the timing if necessary.

Best regards,

Paul.