guix-devel

Re: Should we upgrade openssl?

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Should we upgrade openssl?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:31:51 +0200

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. ápr. 17., Sze 14:28):
Hi Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:

> I would go for the upgrade. As this is a change affecting lots of packages,
> and this upgrade would allow us to reduce the chances to stuck with a
> vulnerable version. I also suppose, that there areg- some changes on
> core-updates we would like to merge anyways before 1.0, so if the upgrade
> goes smoothly, then this is not a big loss of time. Wdyt?

Merging ‘core-updates’ is no longer an option for 1.0: I’m seriously
still aiming for around April 30th.  Let’s get our act together!
Ok, that's clear.

Likewise, I don’t think the OpenSSL upgrade can be merged on time.  But
that’s OK: we can start working on it and have it merged as soon as
possible, possibly with all of ‘core-updates’.
Do we have a list of actionable items we can work on to help?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.
Best regards,