guix-devel

Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 19:26:27 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 02:09:57PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> If that’s the best option we have so far, we can do this:

The patch works fine, but:

The resolution is slightly too small to read all text boxes in the
installer’s disk partitioning dialog though.  The screen height is
only about 35 lines.  I don’t know how to fix this, but it is not that
important.

The installer got stuck in a bash prompt at the end (which is probably
unrelated to AMD).  I exited the bash prompt and got an installer
dialog message with a button to Reboot, but it did not reboot.

Then the installed system has no graphics too (graphics freeze at the
same message

[   51.910992] fb0: switching to radeondrmfb from EFI VGA

but I cannot add modprobe.blacklist=radeon because GRUB does not
recognize my USB keyboard now (in the installer’s GRUB the USB
keyboard was recognized).

Regards,
Florian