guix-devel

Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:05:39 +0200

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 07:26:27PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> Then the installed system has no graphics too (graphics freeze at the
> same message
>
> [   51.910992] fb0: switching to radeondrmfb from EFI VGA
>
> but I cannot add modprobe.blacklist=radeon because GRUB does not
> recognize my USB keyboard now (in the installer’s GRUB the USB
> keyboard was recognized).

I dug out a PS/2 keyboard which works.  When adding
modprobe.blacklist=radeon then GDM does not start.
/var/log/gdm/greeter.log contains beside various expected errors for
fbdev:

(EE) open /dev/fb0: Permission denied

So i did

chmod 777 /dev/fb0
herd restart xorg-server

but it still says permission denied on /dev/fb0.

Regards,
Florian