guix-devel

Re: User shell: state or config?

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: User shell: state or config?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:22:33 +0800

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> All in all, I’m in favor of switching back to the previous behavior:
> considering user shells as system config.  That’s a one-line change in
> (gnu build accounts).
>
> Thoughts?

I support this change.  You have listed very good reasons.

Last month, I installed Guix system on my computer with a minimal Guix
config and then reconfigure the system with a more complete Guix config.
I was surprised that my login shell is still bash while the user's shell
slot in Guix config has been changed to fish.

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/