guix-devel

Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 09:55:37 +0200

Hello!

> Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> * UI
>>
>> ** TODO: (local) web application to [re]configure a Guix System, possibly
>> starting
>>    from an existing config file or user selectable templates

[...]

> That makes sense to me!  I think things like <https://yunohost.org/>
> should benefit from declarative OS config as well as the ability to roll
> back.

Thanky you for supporting this goal :-)

Another project we should take/give inspiration from/to is maybe Rudder
https://www.rudder.io/en/

«multi-platform Continuous Configuration solution (combination of
configuration management and continuous audit) dedicated to production
infrastructure needs»

With `guix deploy` and GWL in development, cuirass and monitoring
services/agents we should be able to use Guix+GWL to design, implement,
manage and monitor entire infrastrutctures - workflow management -
included, hopefully with a (local) webUI :-)

Thanks! Gio'.

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures