guix-devel

Re: 02/02: gnu: next: Compress the executable.

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: 02/02: gnu: next: Compress the executable.
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 19:46:51 +0200

> Same story: if the reference to ‘next-1.3.1-lib’ is invisible to the
> scanner or grafting code (due to compression, or due use of a non-ASCII
> compatible string encoding), the ‘next-1.3.1-lib’ might vanish.

But it's not, as shown in the first post by Ricardo.
next-1.3.1-lib is directly referenced by the asdf build system, there is
no risk for it to disappear.

So I'm still wondering how "guix size" could show dependencies that
could potentially be garbage-collected.  Sorry if I'm missing the
obvious :p

Can we re-enable core compression for Next then?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/