guix-devel

Re: Wisdom regarding packaging proxysql

From: Ellen Papsch
Subject: Re: Wisdom regarding packaging proxysql
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 09:55:29 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 05.02.2020, 15:23 -0500 schrieb Leo Famulari:

> It's not uncommon to see hard-coded installation prefixes. What else
> would need to be changed? Is it doable?

All dependencies are statically linked to the binary. I'll have to trim
down the build steps to just mariadb-connector-c. Additionally, I'll
have to patch include and library directories. It's very much doable.
As Jussi Pakkanen from meson recently said in a talk, it's hard as in
tedious rather than complicated. I'll jump in.

> > mariadb-connector-c [...]
>
> Agreed, this is a fork.
>
> > [...]
>
> I think that's the right idea: use the upstream patches on our
> jemalloc package.

Thanks for your input!

Best regards