guix-devel

Help required: packaging Foliate

From: Alexandru-Sergiu Marton
Subject: Help required: packaging Foliate
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 09:30:04 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to package the ebook reader called Foliate [1].

I managed to write a recipe that installs it, but it has problems at
runtime. If you click anything that is supposed to open up a dialog,
such as the "Open file" or "Preferences" buttons, the whole thing
freezes. I'm not good at (read: I don't know a single thing about) GTK
and GNOME stuff, so I'm putting this out here hoping that someone
might know what's happening.

Here's the package definition (the use-modules part is written by hand
in this email cause I had this in a module of it's own):

(use-modules (gnu packages)
                       (guix build-system meson)
                       ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
                       (guix download)
                       (guix packages)
                       (guix utils))
(use-package-modules gnome gettext webkit pkg-config glib gtk freedesktop)

(package
 (name "foliate")
 (version "1.5.3")
 (source (origin
      (method url-fetch)
      (uri (string-append
"https://github.com/johnfactotum/foliate/archive/"; version ".tar.gz"))
      (sha256
       (base32
        "1mz27qj9zwkn978yd4sdswha4laq5gf9s6cs5xrkqfj9242mrx4m"))))
 (build-system meson-build-system)
 (inputs
  `(("gettext" ,gnu-gettext)
    ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
    ("glib:bin" ,glib "bin")
    ("gtk+:bin" ,gtk+ "bin")
    ("desktop-file-utils" ,desktop-file-utils)))
 (propagated-inputs
  `(("gjs" ,gjs)
    ("webkitgtk" ,webkitgtk)
    ("gsettings-desktop-schemas" ,gsettings-desktop-schemas)))
 (synopsis "Simple and modern GTK eBook viewer, built with GJS and Epub.js")
 (description "")
 (home-page "https://johnfactotum.github.io/foliate/";)
 (license license:gpl3+))

[1]: https://github.com/johnfactotum/foliate