guix-devel

Guix Data Services - Outreachy Applicant

From: Daniela Lura
Subject: Guix Data Services - Outreachy Applicant
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 01:16:03 +0200

Hello,

This is Danjela, an outreachy applicant and a second year computer science student.
How is everyone doing?

I am trying to build the Guix Data Service project locally and it prompts me to install Guile-Squee. I tried to install Squee but I am running into other build problems when I run 'make'. Apparently it can't find libpq, which I checked and is downloaded.
Here is the error message:
```
ice-9/boot-9.scm:752:25: In procedure dispatch-exception:
In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libpq", message: "file not found"
make[1]: *** [Makefile:968: squee.go] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/daniela/Downloads/guile-squee'
make: *** [Makefile:543: all-recursive] Error 1

```
I really want to start making some meaningful contributions to the project but don't know where to start or what sources to use in order to do so.
I have to note that I am not using Gnu/Guix, but I do have the Guix package manager installed as well as a Gnu/Linux distro. (OpenSuse Tumbleweed)
Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated by my side.

Please don't hesitate to ask me further details if the description of the problem was to vague.

Thank you,